Why Selling Metal Gutters Just Makes Sense For MerchantsNovember 4, 2022
We are all used to seeing bins of plastic guttering when we visit a builders merchant. But that doesn’t mean that plastic is the only material that merchants should sell. Here’s eight good reasons why builders merchants should offer metal gutters as well – not only to benefit their customers, but also to benefit their business:
- Differentiation: selling metal gutters offers merchants an interesting point of differentiation and one that could attract different customers – particularly retail customers and self-builders. Innovation is one of the key pillars of differentiation and offering new, different, and interesting options like metal gutters can help push that forward.
- Customer choice: customers now have a world of choice open to them – all available at the click of a button online. So, it’s important to offer them choice and variety when they visit a merchant branch. Metal guttering offers merchants a perfect opportunity to sell up and sell on with every gutter purchase.
- Metal gutters offer merchants the opportunity to take and place high value orders: our average quote come in at around £3K.
- Metal gutters are the right choice for the environment. We don’t need to convince anyone nowadays about the importance of reducing plastic consumption. Aluminium guttering in particular ticks every sustainability box – it’s known as the green metal after all. Aluminium is one of the most widely available elements in the world with incredibly low embodied carbon. Aluminium guttering lasts for upwards of forty years with very little maintenance, and at the end of its life is 100% recyclable. Merchants looking to achieve a meaningful portfolio of sustainable products could do worse than selling aluminium gutters: they provide a quick win for the planet and the merchant business with customers increasingly keen to buy and use sustainable products.
- Availability – the magic word for merchants! The last few years in merchanting have shown that availability is sometimes just as important as price. We have great stocks of materials, have reported no shortages, and our lead times remain at an impressive five days for standard products.
- Technical and sales back up: we offer a full design, technical and sales support back up for merchants so sales are easy and hassle free.
- Increasing popularity. Metal gutters are becoming increasingly popular, and merchants could be missing a trick by not offering them. It’s easy to see why: it looks great, it lasts and lasts, it’s environmentally-friendly, it comes in any colour you can name, and there’s no maintenance to worry about. What’s not to like for end users?
If you think your merchant business could benefit from selling metal guttering and you’d like to learn more, call us on 0116 289 4400 or get in touch with Nick Glover who can come and talk you through the benefits: firstname.lastname@example.org