Benefits of Aluminium
Environmentally friendly and sustainable - an ideal material for numerous construction related products.
Aluminium is one of the most readily available and sustainable materials used in construction today. Extracted from bauxite, smelted into ingots which can then be formed into almost any shape makes aluminium an ideal material to use in numerous products and packing – from cans and cars to construction materials like gutters, fascias and soffits.
- Aluminium can be infinitely recycled
- Less than 3% of aluminium is lost during the recycling process
- Recycling aluminium uses 95% less energy than the extraction process
- 75% of all aluminium ever produced is still in use today
- 92-98% of aluminium from building demolition is recycled
- Aluminium is strong, but lightweight, so easy to handle and install.
- It is durable and non-toxic so will extend the life of architectural elements
- Aluminium is a non-combustible material.
- It is also non-corrosive and requires minimal maintenance.
View our product ranges to see how aluminium gutters, downpipes, fascias, soffits, copings, cappings and bespoke aluminium fabrications can enhance the look of your project.
The below graphic shows the various stages of producing and recycling aluminium.