Area Sales Manager – South East
ARP Ltd is a leading provider of specialist roofline products to the UK construction industry. Come and join our friendly, forward-thinking and dynamic company.
We have over 50 employees based at our manufacturing and coating facility in Leicester, with a small, but dynamic team. Why not join us and help us to grow.
We currently have a job vacancy for an Area Sales Manager – South East . If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Sales Manager – South East
As a market leader within the manufacture and supply of aluminium and cast iron rainwater products to the UK market, we are seeking an experienced Sales Manager to help with our dynamic growth programme. This person will proactively manage and sell through to a base of existing accounts as well as work on delivering ‘new business’ strategies.
You will be responsible for developing new customer accounts plus the management of existing accounts within a specified geographical area. It is expected that the role will be split between working from your home base and working in the field.
The position is home-based and will involve travel and occasional overnight stays. The core hours of work are from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Requirement to have a clean driving licence
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft operating systems i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have the confidence to take decisions and the ability to problem-solve
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of the UK Building Merchants sector
- Understanding of the specification route from Architects to end customer
- Should have the ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Knowledge of metal rainwater/roofline systems would be desirable
- Have the discipline to manage their own time/efforts within a CRM system
Duties will also include:
- Achieving individual sales and margin targets as within the company budget
- Actively promoting the company’s range of products through a variety of channels, in line with set strategies and tactics
- Maintaining a strong focus on delivering new business opportunities and accounts through effective sales prospecting
- Understanding customer’s needs and demands and acting on them promptly
- Delivering an agreed territory plan and effective call pattern for all accounts
- Developing relationships with merchant customers at all levels from branch to Head Office
- Attending sites where required for meetings and site measures and be able to demonstrate strong technical product knowledge
- Recording all account activity to CRM system, accurately and in real-time
- Working effectively with the company’s marketing function in the promotion of its brand to include feeding back all requested reports and market information
- Identifying product improvements or new products by remaining updated on industry trends, market activities and competitor actions
- Attending sales meetings, company events and training sessions as required
- Ensuring that all individual CRM data and other internal admin is updated and submitted regularly
- Preparing such reports as required by management
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company offering good career prospects. You will be joining a motivated and vibrant sales team, with excellent long-term prospects as the Company and your role grows, with an opportunity to earn a competitive salary and sales related bonus.